Wednesday 9 July 2008

Too fast for prizes

I “sort of” got a ”Social Capitalist Award” by a Swedish Newspaper (Veckans Affärer, no English webpage) together with Lars Kristoferson and Lasse Gustavsson (x-CEO and current CEO of WWF Sweden). I “Sort of” got it, because I only got to know it when I saw the diploma in WWFs car when I came to Almedalen… I know that some people think I’m constantly moving, not even knowing that I got a prize might be a sign that they are right ;).

The motivation that the jury provided was that WWF Sweden’s focus on export of sustainable solutions and work in new constellations have been successful. Not sure why I was mentioned though. Lars and I discussed it and shaped the framework for a new kind of climate work over the last three years, but it was not until Stefan Henningsson (now the head of the climate work in Sweden) and Barbara Evaeus (in charge of climate communication) started to work that something actually happened here in Sweden. From an entrepreneur perspective Arne Forstenberg and Jakob Rutqvist who was instrumental in getting GlobalFOCUS and the whole climate innovation of the ground (before WWF Sweden got a climate team in place) might be even more interesting.

The really innovative work for me is obviously the work that is not visible in media. The results can be seen in places like China and India, delivered by networks looking beyond incremental results. Some of it I have already described briefly in this Blog, more will come soon and the rest of 2008 will be really fun.