Sunday 1 February 2009

A new year with amazing opportunities

Thanks everyone who asked if I was OK when I stopped blogging for a few weeks. I’m actually much better than OK and the reason for not blogging was that I decided to take some time off between the western and Chinese new years to think about long term strategic issues. Some of my conclusions might also be a bit controversial, so I have been thinking about how to write about this without making people sad, or giving those who see a more sustainable future a threat ammunition. Some of my thinking relates to organizations that work to save the planet. There is a need for an open discussion about the way these organizations work, but too often such discussions are being used by reactive people for more denial and bad excuse for inaction… I will get back to this later during the year.