Tuesday 26 February 2008

Can ”Social footprints” and/or a ”Social Shadow Index” help guide decisions?

The lack of dynamic instruments that can help to measure products, companies and countries in terms of social impact inspired me to think about a measurement that can show what’s behind certain choices and what consequences over time these choices can have.

In the same way as I find the ecological footprint a good tool to make people think about the ecological consequences I think a “social footprint”/”Social Shadow” could do the same for social consequences.

I have started to write down my ideas about Social Footprint/ Social Shadow Index here, feed-back welcome. I will try to get the other ideas up on the web also, but it always take a bid longer than I plan to move things from word to html...